eccentric overburden drilling
Overburden Drilling System
Roschen's ODS system is a proven two-part Eccentric Overburden Drilling system designed for the simultaneous drilling and casing of holes, through unstable ground conditions.
. Available for casing sizes from 114mm (4 1/2") to 273mm (10¾") diameter Simple two-part design for better transfer of energy to Bit face
. Optimal drilling performance in unstable ground conditions
. The Eccentric Bit can be easily and quickly removed for replacement or refurbishment
. "open and closed" locking arrangement inside the bit holder so nothing can prevent the Eccentric Bit from closing
. The ODS Bit has a positive pilot design which helps guide the Eccentric Bit and produce a straighter hole
|Eccentric Casing System ( Eccentric Overburden Drilling System)|
|Type||Casing Recom.Size (mm)||Min Inner Dia.of Casing shoe Dia(mm) D||Reaming Dia (mm) C||DTH HAMMER||Drill Pipe||Part No.|
|Max.OD (A)||Min.ID (B)||Connection Thread||O.D.(mm)||Wrench Flat(mm)|
|ODEX90||115||102||90||123||DHD3.5||API 2 3/8" Reg||76||65||ODEX90-DHD|
|ODEX115||142||128||115||152||DHD340||API 2 3/8" Reg||76||65||ODEX115-DHD|
|ODEX140||171||157||140||187||DHD350R||API 2 3/8" Reg||89||65||ODEX140-DHD|
|ODEX165||196||183||165||212||DHD360||API 3 1/2" Reg||114||95||ODEX165-DHD|
|ODEX190||222||205||190||237||DHD360||API 3 1/2" Reg||114||95||ODEX190-DHD|
|ODEX240||273||260||240||306||DHD380||API 3 1/2" Reg||114||95||ODEX240-DHD|
|ODEX280||327||305||280||370||SD10||API 4 1/2" Reg||114||95||ODEX280-SD|
ROSCHEN produces ODEX Eccentric Overburden Drilling System, starting with the ODEX90 to ODEX445. This three -piece system comprises of pilot bit, reamer,guide device. ROSCHEN ODEX overburden drilling systems are widely used in a variety of applications from well drilling and mining to rock anchoring and site investigation.
- Rapid removal of cuttings; High penetration rate, especially in resistant rock formation;
- Easy soil and groundwater sampling during drilling;
- Possible to measure yield estimate at selected depth in the formation;
- Advantageous in unconsolidated formations with a high risk of caving
It is suitable for drilling water wells, geothermal wells, short mirco piles, medium mini-type grouting hole of building, dam and harbour project.
1. When drilling starts, the reamer swings out and reams the pilot-hole wide enough for the casing tube to slide down behind the drill bit assembly.
2. When the required depth is reached, rotation is reversed carefully, whereupon the reamer swings in, allowing the drill bit assembly to be pulled up through the casing.
3. Casing tubes that are to be left in the drill hole should be sealed at the bottom of the hole by means of cement grout or some other sealing agent.
4. Drilling continues to the desired depth in the bedrock using a conventional drilling.